Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mag Collection

Online mags seemed to be popping up all over the place last year. I love it because I don't always have to subscribe to them or purchase them to read (a bit stingy I know - unfortunately, my budget is tight!!), but I still get my monthly/quarterly "swoon-fest", as I call them!

I know I am a bit behind the times, but I thought I'd do a quick summary of online mags that have been released in the last 3 months (that I've been reading - there are quite a lot out there).

First off, Lonny! I've loved this mag ever since the day they released their first issue, and I've been following their progress ever since. This is their January/February 2011 issue. I'd love to have some curtains like that in our house.... just to convince the hubby now ;-)


Secondly, Rue!! Can't forget this epic interiors magazine. I've also followed this one since their debut, and at first, I wasn't so enthusiastic about this mag, but I've come around and I think their issues are just superb! Their latest issue is number three!


Next up is Covet Garden and, if you haven't heard of this little magazine, then you are in for a treat! Covet Garden takes "a peek into the homes and lives of some of the city’s most interesting people—spaces that have not been styled by interior decorators." Each issue only features one person (which makes for a small magazine), however you really do get an broader perspective on the whole lifestyle, personality and surroundings of that person (which is different to other magazines). Check out their back issues too - they're currently up to their seventh issue!


Next up is Matchbook Mag by the gorgeous pair, Katie Armour (of the neo-traditionalist) and Jane Lilly Warren (of Lox Papers). This is a new mag and they've only done one issue so far, but they are off to a good start! (And, yes I know I've included an advertisement there, but I'm just going weak at the knees at that stripy dress!!)


You just can't do an online magazine roundup without mentioning Sweet Paul! Sweet Paul has a number of issues out now, and every single one is a beauty. The latest issue is a holiday issue released late last year. Sweet Paul also has a gorgeous blog, filled with DIY's and beautiful pictures.


The next two magazines were released a little while ago and relate to Christmas (and so far, have been single release magazines) but I thought they were so good, that they really could be read and referenced at any time of the year.
The first one is the What Katie Ate Christmas '10 edition and it is the biggest at over 400 pages! If you love food, then you will be absolutely smitten with this mag. Katie is an Australian foodie/photographer and she is very good at what she does!


The second mag related to Christmas is Creature Comfort's Gifted mag. It is chock-a-block full of little DIY goodies to make, wrapping inspiration and pretty little party dresses.


The last magazine I'd like to point out is a little Aussie mag that has been published only in the last year. Toffee mag is published by the ever-so-cute Nancy of Wolf and Willow and does have a small subscription price, but is well worth it! Her first issue (and only one so far) is very kitschy-cute and retro. Looking forward to the second issue!


Gosh, that was a lot of magazines! Sorry for the long post, but I thought you were well due one! I do have to say that even though I like online magazines, I still love a good print magazine. You just can't beat holding a freshly printed magazine in your hands....

P.S. All the images are from the magazines themselves.

1 comment:

  1. The online magazine scene really has exploded. I don't even have time to get through them all these days! Maybe when I finally get my spring break, I'll spend a whole day just flipping those virtual pages.

    ReplyDelete